Saturday, October 27, 2012

Artisan Whimsy - Hooter Challenge :-}





I recently joined a social group called "Artisan Whimsy Bead Chat."  It's a social group of like-minded jewelry artists.  IT IS SO MUCH FUN! I can hardly get any work done because I'm afraid of missing something wonderful on this site.  I've learned several new techniques, found new sources for frequently purchased supplies and made new friends.  They occasionally post challenges and contests.  The picture below is my entry in the "Show us your Hooters" challenge.  I hope you enjoy my entry.

This is Sterling Silver sheet metal sawed and overlayed over another sheet of Sterling Silver.  The eyes consist of sterling silver wire and the piece dangles from one of my simple lampwork beads decorated with silver frit.

Talk to you soon.

Duane

 
 




9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Congrats to you - I voted for your owl and am one of your biggest fans. Thanks for the kind words!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Love, love your metal owl. It is just beautiful. Good luck with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I apreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Very nice job! Love his sleek lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I stepped out of my comfort zone and entered this contest. The support means a great deal to me.

      Delete
  4. Love your blog. It looks like mine! I love the red background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what I'm doing! I can't copy buttons or figure out how to do just about anything on this blog so I appreciate the comment. Something as simple as having my latest blog entry show first in the timeline instead of last, etc., etc.

      Delete