Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bronze Clay - Trials and Tribulations

This blog concerns my difficuty with Bronze Clay, specifically Fast Fire Bronze Clay.  Every time I've created jewelry pieces and then fired the clay, I've received different results. I use the exact same ramping and holding schedule with every batch. I use clean carbon with every firing.  The only thing I've changed is the cooling time.  I can't seem to find that magical combination and it's expensive to experiment.  Oh well, I'll keep doing what I've done to learn everything else I know- about jewelry making -- I'll keep trying and failing until I try and succeed.  Here is a look at one of today's pieces.



Here are a couple other pieces.  Once I turn them into wonderful works of art, I'll post more photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment